Washington, D.C. Chapter
Student Group Affiliates
Washington, D.C. Chapter
Student Group Affiliates
Student Membership Application
• I agree to abide by the terms and rules of CAV Angels (this Membership Agreement; Membership Requirements; Membership Code of Conduct).
• I understand that CAV Angels is not a venture fund, investment bank, broker/dealer, investment clearinghouse, investment portal, or any other form of investment advisor or otherwise, and is not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission or any state securities commission. CAV Angels does not provide advice, recommendation, or any other indication of appropriateness or inappropriateness for a particular investment. CAV Angels does not endorse any investment opportunity and makes no independent investigation to verify information provided by companies submitting to CAV Angels for presentation or otherwise, and makes no representation or warranty regarding the same.
• I understand that as a student member I will have access to the educational offerings of the Angel Capital Association and CAV Angels, may attend CAV Angels educational events, and will have the opportunity to assist with CAV Angels screening and due diligence. I understand that as a student member I will not have access to all CAV Angels deal flow or investment information.
• I understand that CAV Angels presentations are not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any security by CAV Angels or any other entity.
• Student members must be full-time students of the University of Virginia.
• Student members must be a part of relevant UVA organizations focused on investing (Virginia Venture Fund, the Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club, or the Virginia E* Society) or the Darden EMBA program..
• Student members must be invited by the club to join..
• Members must be approved by the CAV Angels Board of Directors..
• Members must agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the CAV Angels Membership Agreement.
MEMBERSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT
• I will conduct myself in a professional manner at all times.
• I will respect the privacy of other members and not provide their name to any third party without their permission.
• I will keep membership information confidential.
• I understand that as a student member I will not be permitted to invest in any CAV Angels deals.
• I understand and recognize that CAV Angels meetings and communications are focused on educational and investment pursuits and will not solicit another member for business.
• I will disclose to the group any relationship I have or may have with a presenting company, including any personal gain I may receive from the company.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Membership is nontransferable and can be cancelled by CAV Angels or the individual member at any time, for any or no reason, by providing written notification via e-mail or letter.
• CAV Angels materials and communication are for the use of CAV Angels members only, and may not be reviewed by or distributed to others without prior consent from CAV Angels.
• All contact and personal information provided by members to the network will be kept strictly confidential and will not be released to anyone outside of the network without the member’s consent.
• CAV Angels does not bear any responsibility for the accuracy of any advice or information, either oral or written, that is communicated by above-referenced members of the CAV Angels network or any other parties participating in the CAV Angels network to any other individual(s) or entity(ies), and shall have no liability for any such communications or the consequences thereof.
• No officer or representative of CAV Angels is authorized to provide any information to members of the CAV Angels network with respect to any business or joint venture other than information given to them by the CAV Angels network with the intent that it be forwarded to CAV Angels members, and such information shall be forwarded without change, opinion, or recommendation.
• CAV Angels is not a registered broker/dealer or investment advisor.
CAV Angels is not a venture fund, an investment bank, a broker dealer, investment clearing-house, or an investment advisor, but rather a forum in which investors may be educated on aspects of investment and business, as well as introduced to companies for possible investment. CAV Angels is not registered with the Securities Exchange Commission or any state securities commission. Each member of CAV Angels is responsible for his or her own investment decisions, and CAV Angels is not recommending any particular company for investment. All investments in entrepreneurial companies involve a high degree of risk, and investors should be able to bear the risk of complete financial loss. The choice to use and manner of utilization of information and knowledge gained through CAV Angels is each member’s individual and personal choice. No guidance shall be given, nor shall any person affiliated with CAV Angels (or CAV Angels itself) be responsible for an individual member’s use of the information, investment decision, or the results of any investment. CAV Angels does not conduct any investigation to verify the factual information submitted to potential investors by individual entrepreneurs. Hence, CAV Angels makes no representations or warranties regarding these companies. Investors must conduct their own due diligence and negotiate the terms of any investment they elect to make.
I have read and agree to the terms above
Relevant Club (VVF, EVC, or ESociety) *if applicable
District of Columbia
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific